Make sure you are not committing these business killer crimes!
Sometimes this little word called “life” can pack a serious punch. Unforeseen circumstances come up with family, kids, works, car troubles, etc and just throws your day completely off kilter. I remember one week it was literally the week from hell. All four of my kids were sick back to back, we had to work mandatory overtime (this was mandatory at the end of EACH MONTH btw!), and not to mention I had this little booming business on the side. Needless to say I had to cancel my pre-scheduled client appointments I’d set. This was also a major blow because it as challenging enough trying to mad crazy hours, tend to kids, and still have time to see my clients. I was EXTREMELY PISSED AND DISGUSTED! So when I say “I Get It“, I really do get it!
When things are falling apart in your life and not going according to plan its very very easy to throw those hands up and say “the hell with it”! But you can’t because you got people to serve! It doesn’t take long to suffer the annoying migraines of the office before you realize just why you wanted to start your own business in the first place! Life hiccups are gonna get in your way ALL OF THE TIME but you can not let that have a permanent imprint on your business.
Make sure you’re not committing these 5 business killers:
- Putting a cap or limit on your goals and visions – You’ve been working under “big brother” [who is always watching] for so long, you forgot the fact that you have complete creative control over your business. You’re thinking way too small and scared to death to unleash your vision! Next time, when you punch off the clock, tell yourself “It’s time to take the cap off my limitations”. Remember you have all authority!
- Distractions!, Distraction!, Distraction! – Like I said above, distractions, roadblocks, set-backs, unplanned events, etc; all of these things are going to happen in life and in your business. Put your big-girl-panties on and ride the wave until the dust settle. When the smoke clears, you get right back at it again. You never stop working, never stop believing, and most importantly never underestimate the power of your predestined vision!
- You don’t know when to take off all the many hats you wear- If you are reading this and have two(2) “X” chromosomes in your body then face it my dear; you will always wear a MINIMUM of 3 hats at one time! This is a giving and non-negotiable! One thing that is also a giving is the fact that we work off of the same 24-hr clock. I don’t care how you try to spin it! Your business should not suffer because your clock and responsibilities has taken control of your life! Rethink and restructure your priorities! Do this from a place of happiness and not obligation you’ll get much better and clearer results #guaranteed!
- Walking through your business with blinders on - So you got your website and business cards right? So now what? Nothing! You’ve just purchased marketing materials in hopes of receiving a ROI when in fact all you have is a box of dead trees and a mediocre “online brochure”. How do you plan to distribute your business cards? Who do you intend to give your business cards to? What is the purpose of your website? What SEO ranks are you trying to achieve, Have you estimated a client conversion per site visit? Is it informative? Promotional? One stop shop? No clue? Well that’s probably because you did not clearly lay out the foundation of your business. It’s imperative you set clear parameters around your money flow, your message, and client attraction strategies or you’ll be a sinking ship my dear!
- Flying by the seat of your pants - I guess you can say this is an extension of reason #5! What I mean by flying by the seat of your pants is simply that! Creating plans and processes as the situation come up. All of your business systems need to be in place, up and running the moment you’ve declared your doors were open for business. Having clients waiting days and weeks for your phone system to get set up is just unacceptable. A potential client should not have to walk away because you do not have your contracts/quoting system in alignment. You must take the time to setup your business systems (no matter has strenuous the set-up can be in the beginning). I know you will be agree things just seem to flow much smoother when systems are in place.
Are you committing one of these business killers now?
Have you done so in the past? Tell us how you brought your business back to life or what you plan to do to bring your business back to life!
Do you know someone who could benefit from this post? I encourage you to share this post using your favorite social media outlet below!
Know your IT Factor!
Rayna James had her eyes on upcoming female artist [who by the way was all set to sign with the ”big fish” record label], at the last minute before getting on a plane, Rayna found out her prospect artist was looking to sign with her [Rayna’s] old record label and now competitor Edge Hill aka “big fish” in town “l! Awhile back, Rayna jump started her own new record label called “Hwy 65″ and being a new “start-up” label, she’s always looking for new hot talent [the underdog].
So just how did Rayna James sign this talent artist right from under her competitor’s nose?
It was quite simple actually; Rayna “one up’d” her competition! Continue reading
I had the pleasure of interviewing this smart, savvy, and did I mention… “Kickass” Business Coach! We shared a lot of laughs and “Ah Ha” moments throughout this interview. That’s right, so I strongly advise after you SPEED READ through this interview you go back and HEAR the FULL audio version and GRAB a pen and piece of paper while you’re at it!
Julie will share her journey of “Busting Down the Cubicle” after being a SAHM (Stay At Home Mom) for twenty years, running the financials for her former husband’s business while at home, and then leaving a failed marriage of twenty years and also leaving the financial support!
Find out what happened to this Cubicle Buster after she moved 1400 miles across country (1400 miles? Wheeeew that’s far! Talk about #NewBeginnings)
So tell me a little bit about your business and what you have going?
I coach women who want to be entrepreneurs either in starting a new biz and laying the foundation for that or taking a biz that’s sort of been a hobby business or putting along and just stuck and breaking them loose and pushing them up to the next level of growth!
How did you get out of your Cubicle Jail Cell [the first time]? Continue reading
Day 7 Video Challenge Don’t Be An Educated Fool from EHV Consultants on Vimeo.
So which one is it for you? Do you fear “failure” or do you fear “success”?
This was more of a venting session for me because it really hardens my heart when I see blessed and talented individuals hide behind “busy activities” because of the “fear” that show ups when “real deal Holyfield” issues float up to the surface!
Leave your comment below sharing your “fear factor” and why! You can start by saying “I’m scared to failed because”.… or “I’m scared to become successful in my business because” …
Don’t worry, we all fear something! Take me for example, right now I fear I may not complete this video challenge because I have a boat load of stuff coming up! I also fear this video challenge will bring to the surface some imperfections in my execution process of things!
Check out my Day 6 Video [No Sneak Peak-Full Access!!!]
This is a get to know me video! I think you will be surprised by what I reveal about myself!
I’m sharing cool facts like:
- Where I was born and why
- How many states I’ve lived in
- My favorite color and much more
Day 6 Erica’s Fun Facts!
Leave a comment below and let me know what you think!
Thank you for watching!
Make the camera lens your best friend.
Looking at the lens is by far one of the most disciplined behaviors you have to master besides having a good talking point!
Check out my Day 5 Video as I discuss how to become one with the lens! If you liked my sneak peak come on over to “Break-Room” and gain full access to all of my video challenges. Click here for full access
Day 5 VC Sneak Peak
A few things I’d like to share that I’m learning along the way is how to Continue reading
Today we suffered a major lost with the passing of the iconic Joan Rivers. Coming out as a female comedian during her era is just one of the boldest moves a woman could make. You’re a woman during those time and trying to compete in a male dominating industry’ yeah this was one “bad” chick”. Joan Rivers definitely made her mark and left us with lessons that every one of us can adhere to!
Keep pushing until they pull you in - Joan pressed on for years going town to town making people laugh with her antics on culture, marriage, and other serious issues. She finally got her break years later!
If you got something to say, then say it – One of the best things I loved about Joan Rivers is that you never had to question what she was thinking because she was a straight shooter and told you exactly how she felt. This was my kinda “girl”, she expressed a level of confidence and boldness which is deeply missed and much needed in our society of woman today. Imagine how much more confidence you would have if you just spoke your mind more often than not. (Clearly don’t have that problem - but I did at one time) so speak up and be heard! Continue reading
Its amazing how technically has evolved so much to the point where we have almost everything at our disposal via our smartphone devices. I remember the time when I would upgrade my phone model because the phone service was better now smartphones are being marketed to promote upgrades based on higher gigabytes and pixel resolution!
Seriously most of the time our smartphones are glued to our hip (well should I say glued to our hand). This is a great opportunity to create Vlogs on the fly (Stay tune I actually record another video challenge using my smartphone!)
If you’re new to the word vlog; it simply means Continue reading
Day 3 VC Sneak Peak – 5 Ways to Re-purpose Your Content.
In this sneak peak you will discover
Just a few reasons why people are afraid to make videos and the First tip – Recycle your blog
Become a Cubicle Buster Member to view full access http://bit.ly/cbbreakroom
In this sneak peak you will discover:
Just a few reasons why people are afraid to make videos
The first tip – Recycle your blog
You want full access to this video? Become a Cubicle Buster Member to http://bit.ly/cbbreakroom
Day 2 VC-SP 4 Common Mistakes To Avoid When Creating Videos From Home from EHV Consultants on Vimeo.
Here’s a sneak peak of my Day 2 video! I love sharing valuable lessons I’ve learned in hopes of helping someone else! To see the full video click here for your all access Cubicle Buster membership!
The tips I provide in this video are extremely helpful for mompreneurs (poppreneurs!) with young children in the house, if you have a house like mine where there is a kid in every age group or you just have a circus running around in your house at any given time! Continue reading